Monday, January 23, 2012

Heebee Post #707 - Art Tower (Gunter Schwind) - Aschaffenburg - Germany

 I received a very interesting telephone call this morning. On the other end, was none other than the laughing voice of my dear cousin Arty. "Where is the Bull"? he asked, "Why haven't you been posting very much lately"? Well, several reasons - but I shall not bore you, gentle reader, with those 'whys'.  So, okay, I'll do my best for more postings starting with this "It's Grillin' time"! postcard. A little history:

I have known Gunter for years now and have had the wonderful opportunity to get together in person with him here, in the 4th Dimension for a couple of weeks when he last took a vacation in the States. We had an uproarious time together right from he walked into my house.  It was like we have known each other forever - and we are still close friends. The above card, with the Bull (beef) - is a happy commemorative for all the BBQing we did during that time. Other merrymaking by us included a lot of nutty stuff with more than a few beers, as I remember. Ah, that was a fine time alright. Even now, we are trying to make arrangements for another journey to Heebee Jeebeeland for him to be here. Too much fun not to do that again........
Here, Gunter displays his versatile "artist's smock" - good for painting and barbecuing! Nice artistamp and I love the little hungry guy too. I miss you, Cousin Arty. Not many like you - thanks for the great card and the phone call this morning that woke me from my mail art laziness! Find Gunter working on his mail art here" Art Tower Mail Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment