Friday, February 1, 2013

Heebee Post #935 - Uli Grohmann - Munster - Germany

 Uli's colorful anatomy of an M4A4 Sherman Tank - the workhorse of the American Army during WWII and beyond. They were produced in great numbers during the war. I am not quite certain about how this postcard was created. It appears to be silk screened onto a paint canvas but, it is difficult to tell - It does have a satisfyingly, heavy, bendy feel to it (love that feel). It is pretty incredible to behold the large card in person!  
 The B side of Uli's rather beautiful postcard is an interesting place to allow the eyes a little bit of free ranging.   The irony of Uli's "Let's talk about beauty", regarding the other side is a dubious notion, relative to the viewer.  What do you say?  Is the M4A4 Sherman Tank picture beautiful?
And this fine mail art adornment just had to be seen properly - I am a fan of Cowboy stuff and so, I love this.  Sometimes, especially while on vacation, I am known as Tex Tower as I roam the northwestern range in my Subaru. Thank you Uli, super card, even if it is actually some puzzling evidence. See you in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment