Saturday, October 13, 2012

Heebee Post #862 - Bolderaja Group - Riga - Latvia

 I've never received anything from Latvia before so, I am delighted to try to understand exactly what is going on here.  Evidently, the "Gift Card" from 'Freeport of Riga' is a sarcastic parody.  The Bolderaja Group is completely against filling up the sea near the Lighthouse with concrete and sand   I explain this because I had been confounded by it myself for a short while. Check out their website to know what I am talking about. Avantport .
 Okay,now we are talking turkey.  I wish I would have received this a little earlier - now I will have to hustle to make something for it on time. Are they intending to exhibit in the Lighthouse there? Rather vague on details but, I'm sending something anyway!
Mail Art from Latvia is peculiar in a very interesting way.  The Mail Art call is in protest to the "Fill the Sea" project put together by the Latvian Government. Thank you very much - I'll be seeing you guys in the mail very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment