Friday, December 16, 2011

Heebee Post #689 - Stan Askew - Pasadena, California - USA

I hope this doesn't mean that this well-known mail artist has had a bad experience at the race track! I once sold my 1965 Chevy El Camino for betting money - I was convinced I had a winner. Yeah, I've had "Horses on the brain" too!
This piece is trademark Askew. The dark 1cent postage as a sort of timeless border with a dose of the oddly hauntingly familiar within. His meticulous craftsmanship and style is easily distinguishable and identifiable as uniquely his. I played Canasta as a child -and, although I can't remember the rules of the 1950-60's card game, I think it was fun!
Stan also included this lovely 1938 postcard of Rainbow Falls in the Great Smokey Mountains. If you look carefully, you can spot the lone hiker near the bottom of the falls.
Stan was also magnanimous enough to send me these two startling beauties for my cloth-fibre vintage postcard collection. Both cards are in extreme mint condition and have a nice lustre to them. Sweet!
With all this cool stuff was short note of friendship. I appreciate that Stan - Thank you very much! I've just sent you a holiday Fluxus card my friend and have a fun 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment