Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Heebee Post #1047 - Valery Shimanovsky - Nizhekamsk, Tatarstan - Russia

Valery sends in this very interesting multi-alt-portraited assemblage of my favorite Beatle, John Lennon.  These little portraits comprise quite an international appeal for the late artist.
I have an odd memory of Mr. Lennon: In the early evening of Dec. 8, 1980, I was walking out the door of a Chinese restaurant and I could just faintly hear "Watching the Wheels", a Lennon tune, emitting from an upstairs apartment right above the place.  I instantly knew, that something terrible had happened to him.  And, as I turned the radio on in my car, I found out that I was right.  RIP.  

Valery and his mail art buddies have a lot of fun together and are entertaining to see on his entertaining website. Valery Shimanovsky Mail Art.  Thank you very much Val and it is in your mail box that I shall be popping out of soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment