Saturday, December 28, 2013

Heebee Post #1069 - Valery Shimanovsky - Nizhekamsk, Tatartstan - Russia

 Good ol' Ray's mortal shell may have expired long ago but, his fluxus image may never perish! Here he is, once again, as ubiquitous as ever, this time greeting me from Russia! Please don't get me wrong here. As with anyone having been involved with mail art and the amusing business of Fluxus for any amount of time at all, seeing Ray is like seeing your old favorite uncle - everybody seems to have a great affection for the Papa of Mail Art!
 I had to darken this rubber stamping of the popular Shimanovsky to get a better view. I had never really noticed before but, Valery looks more than a little bit like the late British screen actor, Peter Sellers! One might say, remarkably so! I can tell you folks, that Vallery's brilliant sense of humor will allow him a chuckle when he reads this! Good show Inspector!
The handsome postcard is actually a shimmery silver but, difficult to reproduce as brilliantly as when held in your hand. Hello from USA my old friend. I love Shimanovsky's visits here - Nobody's having more fun with Mail Art than Val and his notorious Fluxus friends. Check out his sight: Valery Shimanovsky Mail Art

No comments:

Post a Comment