Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Heebee Post #277 - Dosankodebbie (Deborah Davidson) - Toyohira-ku, Sapporo - Japan

Even 4-D monkeys fall from trees. I love the character of this friendly looking guy's pensive little face. This particular Art style is called Etegami folks and I am completely enchanted by it. My Mom is Castillian (Spanish) and used to tell me "In the house of glass - he who doesn't slip will fall" (translated). Yes, everyone makes mistakes - everyone!
Dosankodebbie is a big hit in Hebee Jeebeeland - ask anyone here! This beautiful postcard is laminated and will make a great addition to my collection of her charming work. Her super Etagami Notebook is a fantastic site, if you are interested at all in the dynamics of this traditional Artwork. She also has a Mail Art site: Dosankodebbie's Mail Art Gallery. Thank you very much - I love this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment