Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Heebee Post #640 - Jon Foster - Winston Salem, North Carolina - USA

It's crunch time with Jon Foster at the Affair and I don't think it's the breakfast cereal variety.
Idioms and Phrases:
'Crunch Time' = a period when pressure to succeed is great, often toward the end of an undertaking. For example, it's crunch time because we only have two more days to finish. The term employs 'crunch' in the sense of 'a critical situation' or 'test'. Fine, vintage 1970's slang.

I think it is a pretty safe bet that it is certainly crunch time for the U.S. Gov. to come up with some kind of plan that will lead us out of certain financial doom - before it is too late! Yes, panic for this elusive solution can be felt all the way here, in Heebee Jeebeeland! I'm feelin' the crunch Jon - great card!I like Jon's 'hello' here. It looks like an echo, doesn't it? Interesting concept. Great to find you here again. I didn't forget that I still owe you a mixed CD of songs. I am currently making a huge effort to detangle myself and keep up to date on things, so I should be making that sooner or later. Sorry about that Jon. Thanks for the card and see ya in the mail Mr. Foster.

No comments:

Post a Comment