Friday, August 26, 2011

Heebee Post #641 - William L. Philyaw - Shawnee, Kansas - USA

It has been said that a longtime pet owner's appearance may begin to look similar to their pet's. Obviously, it is no further from the truth than can be said of this happy insect owner. If nothing else, there is certainly a deep sense of contentment in this ersatz family.
The "Posta Insecta" theme can be a catchy one as William demonstrates with his charming "Lady Bug" postcard. The romantic song "I've got you under my skin" might easily fit in with this cozy scenario. Nice 'drop-dead', gorgeous colored Romanian postage stamp enhancing this entertaining and contemplative piece.
When I first opened William's envelope - I gasped and thought "It's about time"! I know I wish I could be in attendance for this interesting looking gig. Wow - Adventures in Art!
And a lovely assortment of beautiful vintage postage (William seems to have a heavenly supply of them). Great work, as usual, my dear Philyaw. I must say, that I have had a great deal of fun exchanging art with William the last few years and am looking forward to many more - Philyaw "Get's it"! See you in the mail! Addressee.

No comments:

Post a Comment