Sunday, August 28, 2011

Heebee Post #642 - Goop Gallery - Ottawa, Ontario - Canada

Helene Lacelle and Peter Evanchuck, the merry curators for the fabulous mobilization of the GOOP (Gallery of Ornamental Post) Mail Art Gallery, visit the Affair with this 'festive-spell' like decorated envelope that contained a documentation of their marvelous International Mail project.
The Canadian postage that adorned the noble looking envelope also captured my attention - especially this "Miss Supertest III" stamp, which I thought warranted a better inspection. Great job Canadian Post Office!
You have to check out the Goop Mail Art site for a wonderful ongoing 'feel good' mail art story. Helene and Peter present such a vibrant love for the genre, that it is at once contagious in it's mission of fun! This happy go lucky pair (after some tough challenges) took the mail art they received and took it on the road to show the world. I can feel my heart smiling every time I think on this. It's an uplifting read. Thank you both for your enthusiasm and sense of joy - the world needs more of both! I did, however, note that 'Test Tower' was not included on the list of creators. Ah well - you can see my contribution here: Test Tower's Goop Pic. Keep up the good work my friends - I'll be sending something else very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment