Friday, May 25, 2012

Heebee Post #768 - Roland Halbritter - Nuedlingen - Germany

 Roland's classy 'Mail Calls' are always a delicacy for the eyes and mind.  His current one, "Venus von Arheilgen" looks to be no exception.  What you are enjoying viewing in the above panel is a very high quality  edition of printed Artistamps that were created from the postcards sent to Roland for his Venus project. These lovely Artistamps serve wonderfully as documentation for that event. I am sure glad to have this fine work for my collection.
This is the original image of  the Venus that Roland has sent to Heebee Jeebeeland for my participation. Although the deadline for the showing has passed, these subsequent creations will be displayed here:     Venus Project 
 The following are Roland's instructions and details for the project:
DIFFERENT SETS OF 9 PHOTOGRAPHS HAVE BEEN SENT OUT TO 14 ARTISTS FOR THEIR INDIVIDUAL MODIFICATIONS. AFTER IT THEY WILL SENT IT BACK TO ME. BOTH, THE PHOTO MOSAIC AS WELL AS THE MODIFICATION WILL BE SHOWN AT THE EXHIBITION. I WILL DOCUMENT IT HERE ON THIS BLOG (Venus von Arheilgen Project). IN THE END THERE WILL BE A PLANED ARTISTBOOK ABOUT THE PROJECT.
The above is the reverse side of the Venus image postcard. It includes a happy hello from the well-known cultural historian and artist. I like the "Angel is watching you" Artistamps too!
The other half of the 'Docu' is equally a feast of art from artists around the Mail Art world. Great work everybody.
I was put into a terrific mood as I yanked this entertaining Mail Art packet from the smiling belly of my Post Box.  It has been a while since we have exchanged some art and I can't wait to get back to it with this uniquely sophisticated artist. Halbritter's outgoing Mail Art.  Thank you very much dear Roland. See you soon in the Post.

2 comments:

  1. I went to see the show in Schweinfurt and met up with Roland and Heike Sackmann, she had the room above from Roland, i will post some pics on my blog.......hello cousin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have joined you guys - sure sounds like fun to me. I'll check your blog for the pics.
    Cheers, Test

    ReplyDelete