Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Heebee Post #1022 - Lotro Poku (Lothar Trott) - Zurich - Switzerland

 Lotro returns to the land of Heebee Jeebee with this cryptical communique from the Dada-istic cerebral kingdom of Pokuland. I love Lothar's artistamps, as he is coming from a perspective that is so unlike anybody else, he's managed to create his own unique and busy universe. I can't help but to wonder if that Rabbit (Hase) stamp is a take on the Energizer Bunny batteries - And that other stamp:


Yep, that's Lotro performing some Fluxus hijinks in the name of Pokuland. This really is a goofy little stamp but, I just love the feel of it!  Emerging, quite animatedly, from the corner closet, the out-of-focusness lends a  nice ambiguity to the little composition. The white trousers and tee shirt is almost as if he is some kind of Dada Lab Tech. I can't help but to smile.








I left a little more of the chaos surrounding this artistamp in the picture - it seemed to enhance the showy dance number Lotro is involved in.  I love these Pokuland stamps!
And regarding the name "Pokuland", I hadn't noticed it before but, Pokuland is comprised of the two words "Post Kunst" which, of course, is German for Mail Art. I can't believe I hadn't noticed that before. Thank you very much Lothar - see you in the mail my old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment