Sunday, March 4, 2012

Heebee Post #732 - Joey Patrickt - Oakland, California - USA

 Oakland resident Joey Patrickt sends in this clever new twist on an old postcard standard. I know the 'Occupy Oakland' was a particularly nasty business and, being from Oakland myself,  it was tough to watch. The beautiful card belies the atrocious mess that ensued and all I will say about those fiery episodes is, I'm glad it's over! Oakland gets a bad enough rap already and can be quite volatile if those folks don't figure out how to 'Change the channel'.
I have seen some of the snapshots Joey has taken during Occupy Oakland - great work - even if a little freaky. Ironically,  the rebel-souled Elvis Presley, seen above in that cool Artistamp, would never have been in the "99 Percent" although, there he is on the reverse side. What does this all mean anyway? Ask anybody  and get a different answer every time. I guess it's what it means to you, dear reader. Thanks, Joey and see you in the post box!

No comments:

Post a Comment