Friday, April 22, 2011

Heebee Post #585 - Janet Heritage - Wheat Ridge, Colorado - USA

Janet's brilliant handiwork is seen above having sewn this lovely mail art envelope into a handy purse - zipper on top! Actually, Janet has sent me two of them. I must apologize for having accidentally setting these aside to show someone and lost them for a couple of months in the fray that is my art bench. Sorry, old girl - they are fabulous however and I am delighted to finally get to show them off! This amazing "The Museum at Purgatory Souvenir Sheet" seen above is quite interesting and beguiling. Science & Art! My cup of tea!
Yeeowch! No 'Lucky Monkey' here. What a great postcard or just 'collector' card I should say - The reverse side is completely blank. Good one for the Affair's collection.
This postcard is stunningly gilded, although you cannot tell from my scan of it. A beautiful Fluxus Affair card probably printed between 1900 and 1910. What a super specimen of the state of the early 20th century printing arts!
The other decorated envelope purse - complete with zipper and very sturdily constructed. Janet really knows how to have fun with mail art and the Affair adores her creations.
Thank you very much Janet - Sorry these got lost in the "Test Tower Zone" for a while, please forgive. Something fun and colorful is on the way to you very soon. I love your work and the extraordinary and exquisite vintage postcards are quite a treat. See you in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment