Friday, August 30, 2013

Heebee Post #1042 - Art Tower (Gunter Schwind) - Aschaffenburg - Germany

 "Phase #5 - 99 Days Fire", Gunter's ongoing "Head Project" is a large postcard for the exhibition that took place in the "Old Village Church" in Ascaffenburg. Gunter constructs a huge wall of these heads and it towers before his audience. This fellow looks hot and melty.




I have made a few Artistamps of good ol' Art Tower (Cousin Arty to me) over the last few years - from snaps I took when he visited me here, in the 4th Dimension.   Here, he seems to be bubbling with joy (Opti-Flux).







I hope your show was a successful one.  I sure wish I could have attended.  Ah well, anyway, thanks for the card my old friend - I miss you and I'll see you in the mail. Arttower's Mail Art.

2 comments:

  1. The opening is saturday next week 7 September...i wish i could fly ya in !
    I was hanging paintings all week and still not done. 35 feet high all around the old curch 2200 heads. will start posting some snaps of the show after the opening....a few are on my facebook acount...miss ya cousin !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gunter - I hope you're being careful of not creating a head avalanche - on the other hand, wow, fantastic performance art! We shall film it together when your task is complete! Yeah, miss you too my old friend.

    ReplyDelete