Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Heebee Post #818 - RCBz - St. Clown, Minnesota - USA

 Another victim of the viscious Post Office sort/processing machines. Ugh! It seems like it's always the best postcards too. Digital mail art wizard RCBz sends in this fabulous "Rail Rodeo 2012" postcard only to see it's throat get cut. I love this card anyway Roy. Fantastic old school colors and superb imagery and composition. This is how it's done folks. Just about everything we have seen from Roy's digital workshop is visually astounding - and this one does not disappoint!
Side B features a kind note from Roy, which includes a request for a copy of the "1st Encounter with the 4th Dimension" commemorative postcard I made a few weeks ago. Lucky for Roy I have one copy left and it is going out to him tomorrow morning.  I see there is an Alexander Calder postage stamp employed for this card. I love Calder and went to his exhibit nearly everyday for a month when I lived in San Francisco - Love that stuff. Anyway, nice stamp! Thank you very much Roy -sorry to see the wicked scar the Post Office provided . As Marlon Brando once said "The horror.........the horror........."  Heh, see ya in the mail my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment