Monday, February 4, 2013

Heebee Post #937 - Otto D Sherman - New York, New York - USA

 I love Otto's "Big (you know what) Deal".  This is actually the back outside of two panels of poster board that were fastened together. Below is the inside of the two panels as you opened it up.  That fellow in the sombrero is perfectly strange.
 I like the new logo. I am wondering, however, what exactly is OUOMA? "Otto's Union of Mail Artists"? The bug into fish metamorphosis is a nice touch!
I have a few things here from Otto that I have not posted yet - but, fear not Otto Art fans - I shall post them all in due time - they are all great! The volume of this artists work is substantial - Otto seems as though tireless in his creative activity. Hey, if your cup is full - may it stay full my friend!


One last look at Otto's philatelic prowess.  The Egyptian artistamp is none other than the boy Pharaoh, King Tutankhamen's beyond opulent, solid gold casket. At 18, he was encased into his tomb in 1323 BC - nearly 3 1/2 thousand years ago!  I recently saw the King Tut Exhibit in it's last days in Seattle.  Now, it has gone back to Cairo; where, frankly, I worry for these antiquities because of the unstable government there. Ah well, such is life!  Thank you very much Otto and you will be hearing from me sooner than you think!  Otto Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment