Monday, February 25, 2013

Heebee Post #948 - Art Tower (Gunter Schwind) - Aschaffenburg - Germany

 You can almost hear the shrill whistling of the rocket before it suddenly hits it's target. Art Tower's anti-war depiction is a heartfelt lament and I am inclined to agree with him.
 The flyer supporting an artist's show last December in "A-burg". The rubber stamping near the center says: "New Timetables" and then underneath: "Stop by the riverbank" with a list of contributors that includes Gunter. I love the snowy, wintery scene with the cathedral in the background (Aschaffenburg?).  I like the way it has been adorned with a kind of numbered measles - As if a friendly game of postcard bingo! I hope the show went well.
I like being greeted by my cousin Arty's good natured waving "Mailbot".  Nice of you to drop in my old friend.  I miss Gunter. It has been more than three years since he has visited me here in the states. We sure have a blast when we are together. Ah well, someday good buddy, someday.  Meanwhile, see you in the mail!  Art Tower's Mail Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment