Friday, April 5, 2013

Heebee Post #971 - Jennie Hinchcliff - San Francisco, California - USA

 Love the dapper "Wild Hare" riding his Easter basket bicycle - thinking Rabitty thoughts. Jennie's assortment of  Rabbit stamps is a nice collection of the crafty rodents.  Actually, Rabbits aren't rodents. They were considered rodents by the science community until 1912, when they were determined to be Lagomorphs. Rodentia to Lagomorpha - That's a promotion I'm sure every rabbit considers and enjoys.
Nice to see Jennie enjoying her own "Rabbithood" with more of her "Hippity Hoppities". When I was a child, it was considered good luck to carry around an actual severed and dried "Rabbit's foot" in your pocket for good luck! Man, that sure sounds goofy today!  My favorite saying, regarding Rabbits,  is when somebody is acting obnoxious, they are said to have a "Wild Hare" up their you know what! I get an odd vision thinking on that.   Thank you very much Jennie, always nice to see you here. I have been gone from San Francisco for 8 years now, but seeing Mail Art from you in SF always makes me long for my favorite city. See you in the mail Jennie. Red Letter Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment