Friday, May 3, 2013

Heebee Post #986 - Valery Shimanovsky - Nizhekamsk, Tartartstan - Russia

 Valery's violet-crimson study in facial anatomy is making my teeth hurt a little bit, having been to the Dentist earlier today.  The vibrantly colored card boasts a number of features in it's business - like that red and white 'envelope stamp' in the right upper.  Nice.  The eerie looking row of shiny lips looks almost like a row of suction cups along the bottom of a large tentacle. A little creepy, but great!
 I like the way he "Circled the wagons" around the destinaire's information.  I sure wish I read Cyrillic, it is such a fascinating language.  Valery is a lot of fun and is quite popular as a sort of "Bon Vivant" among his fellow mail artists.  I always smile when I see something from Valery.  Thanks very much my friend and see you in the mail. Valery Shimanovsky Mail Art




One last thing.  This incredibly beautiful Russian postage stamp is rich in presence and just commands the imagination into wonder of who this distinguished appearing woman is.  The artist certainly captured the hearty countenance of the young lady.  A super stamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment