Friday, May 17, 2013

Heebee Post #995 - Lotro Poku (Lothar Trott) - Zurich - Switzerland

In my opinion, Lotro Poku and I are really a lot alike.  Our techniques and styles are markedly different, but we sure seem to be riding the same exuberant wave of consciousness .  Certainly we both have a strong affection for the classic "Fluxus Affair" girl,  seen above in all her mail art splendor!  I was working with this image a couple of years ago (see the original postcard over on the right margin) - but Lotro says: "We're done with it when I say we're done with it"!  Heh-heh.  Lothar goes on to tell a tale of a sort of  Heebee Jeebee tribute: 
 Thank you my dear friend.  And yes, Pokuland and Heebee Jeebeeland lie in vastly different, although parallel universes stitched together by our mutual admiration and our art. In spirit, they are identical.
It's like getting mail from my jolly old Dada-ist uncle. I like the "Art is not my business" artistamp seen in the center of the envelope.  I know exactly what he means.  When art is my 'business',  I seem to enjoy it less and am obliged to create something someone else will certainly dig - therefore often creating things that seem more like drudgery. I am, like Lotro, too far along the road to care about being ambitious in any regard of commercial artistic sense - leaving one to liberate fun from it's "spare time only" cage. Or something like that........  
 Lotro's old school Dada remains fresh within a category of artistic departure that only an intimate affiliation with the genre (mail art) over a long period of time can fathom - a really long time.
 Thank you so much dear Lotro - I salute Pokuland  and it's fearless leader.  It is with a big smile that I can say to you so many times over the years: "See you in the mail"!

1 comment: