Sunday, June 24, 2012

Heebee Post #782 - Lotro Poku (Lothar Trott) - Zurich - Switzerland

 "Big Mail Art Boom Boom".  I have to say that to me, this is insanely funny. Lotro returns in full glory with an entertaining little artist folded booklet of panels using tape as hinges. The panel above is the booklet's cover and it is brilliant!  Notice the face is "Poku".  Lothar's "Pokuland" is rather similar, in my estimation, to Heebee Jeebeeland as they are both Mail Art kingdoms of the mind. I just cannot look at this panel and not smile!
 The wrapper that held the artist booklet is intriguing by itself. Lothar goes 'Pop Dada' with this bit.
 Another of the panels declaring much 'more Poku'. I like the "Poku OK" just below the bare chest. Lothar's sense of humor is a gas!
 The reverse side of two panels is another cryptic note by the long time artist. As you can see, quite interesting, but tough to understand. I do think I get the gist though- Thanks Lothar.
As the years have gone by, I have grown more and more to really enjoy Lothar's special brand of  Mail Art. He is completely unique and full of passion for the genre and I find it to be quite 'catchy'.  Thank you very much Lotro and be seeing you in the Post Box (I'm mailing tomorrow for you).

No comments:

Post a Comment