Saturday, July 21, 2012

Heebee post #805 - Lotro Poku (Lothar Trott) - Zurich - Switzerland

 Lotro sends in Doku #9 for his brilliant ongoing project "A card is a card".  Seen above, is the busy cover for the 6" X 4" compilation artist booklet.  This creative documentation is is both clever and entertaining and takes you on a little journey into Lothar's unusual world.
 The first two pages, "Meeting in Mailart Land" is hinged together with that alien 'beam me up' looking artistamp. The bottom of the panel reads something about "Art from the Rabbit" and "My name is Hare". Yep, as cryptic as usual from this unique champion of mail art. What does it mean? I'm usually scratching my head in silent wonder when I consider that question.
 The happy gang of participants for this Doku issue #9.  I see Lotro mentions the mysterious Eva Cola at the bottom of the list.  I would like to know more about the fabulous Ms. Cola. Wouldn't you?
 These two pages display the abundance of work done by the contributing mail artists. Great work everyone!
The envelope that carried the booklet is the first one from Lothar that actually had a proper address label affixed to the front. Lotro doesn't usually do nice and neat very well, but there it is. The back side is more like his usual controlled chaotic atmosphere. Crash lips! Nice. Thank you very much dear Lotro. I'm sending something to you tomorrow - it's ready to go old boy! Happy Mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment