Sunday, September 30, 2012

Heebee Post #854 - Valery Shimanovsky - Nizhekamsk, Tartarstan - Russia

 What a beauty! Folks, this a mighty piece of Mail Art and I am sure glad to have it and shall hang it near my art bench. Valery has captured the great sense of world belonging - as if the planet were united through Mail Art.  Moreover, it is in the classic rabbit head (Thanks Ray Johnson) shape, declaring that it is the 9th of 10 created and, best of all, it boasts "Test Tower" on it's nose! I tip my hat to you Valery. Can't take my eyes off it! An accomplishment to remember!
 Some notable features on the reverse side. That "Mail Art from Russia" rubber stamping has good amusement power to it and that stamping under it.............
I thought that outlandish looking little ink stamping warranted a bit closer view. I wish I could understand Cyrillic to know what the 'Angel with a star' is doing there and what it is commemorating. Why do these things fascinate me so much?  Anyway, thanks very much Valery, this card really made my day! I'll be hatching up something splendid for you in the mail very soon. Love this card! Valery's Mail Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment